Made with NKD Living Granulated Erythritol for a little calorie-free sweetness, this light and fluffy focaccia by Cherry at @iwasinspiredby_ is a guaranteed crowd pleaser for vegans and non-vegans alike.
Best left to rise overnight, there's something incredibly pleasing about crafting this loaf from scratch and watching your crew devour it in one sitting. Not to mention the fact it tastes so much better than a ready-made shop bought loaf. Give it a try!
🍞500g bread flour
🍞400g lukewarm water
🍞15g NKD Living Granulated Erythritol
🍞4g instant yeast
🍞20g extra virgin olive oil
🍞1 tbsp truffle oil
🍞Sliced cherry tomatoes
🍞Himalayan rock salt
1) Tip the bread flour into a mixing bowl. Mix the yeast and NKD Living Granulated Erythritol into one side of the flour, and the fine salt into the other side. Then mix everything together until combined.
2) Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the olive oil and the lukewarm water, adding it gradually until you have a slightly sticky dough.
3) Sprinkle the work surface with flour and tip the dough onto it, scraping around the sides of the bowl.
4) Knead for 5-10 mins until your dough is soft with a little spring to it.
5) Put the dough into a clean bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for a minimum of 1 hour (or preferably overnight) until doubled in size.
6) Oil a 25 x 35cm shallow tin, tip the dough onto the work surface, then stretch it to fill the tin. Cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for another 35-45 mins.
7) Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan. Make dimples in the dough by pressing your fingers into the surface.
8) Press the halved cherry tomatoes & rosemary into the surface of the dough, drizzle with the truffle oil and season.
9) Bake for 20 mins until golden. Drizzle over some extra olive oil, cut into squares and serve whilst still warm!