If you LOVE bulletproof coffee and it's many health benefits then you will be bowled over by bulletproof matcha tea! Our bulletproof matcha tea recipe is made with NKD Living MCT Oil. Studies have shown that MCTs can help in the process of excess calorie burning, promote fat oxidation and reduce food intake – and therefore MCTs are associated with weight loss. It may seem like the latest fad, or the newest craze in the food and weightloss industries but fat-infused coffee drinks have been consumed in Nepal, Vietnam and Ethiopia for centuries. Today, Bulletproof Coffee is rapidly becoming a morning essential for keto fans and morning beverage drinkers alike who insist it makes them have more energy, feel sharper and lose weight more easily through ketosis.
Matcha tea has been hailed 'an antioxidant powerhouse'. One of the major health benefits of matcha tea is that it delivers a high dose of antioxidants in every sip. According to the latest research into various ingredients and their anti-oxidative effects, matcha is packed with exponentially more antioxidants than any other ‘superfood’.
Take a look at why Matcha Tea may be more beneficial than Coffee:
- Provides much higher levels of antioxidants, including catechins (EGCg), a unique type of antioxidant with powerful cancer-fighting properties. Therefore, matcha tea detoxifies the body more effectively and naturally.
- Contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that helps your body process caffeine differently – giving you a sustained energy boost without any shakes or crashing. Matcha actively calms the mind and relaxes the body!
- Rich in fibre, chlorophyll and other nutrients that you won’t find in coffee.
- Increases thermogenesis, the rate at which your body burns calories, which boosts your metabolism and helps you lose weight.
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar - great for maintaining blood glucose levels (diabetic friendly!)
Have a go, the recipe is below. If it’s the first time you've tried a buttered beverage, start with a small amount of butter, MCT oil and work your way up. Also sweeten to taste with NKD Living Erythritol!
|1.||For best taste, heat the water to just below boiling point (between 85-95°C)|
|2.||Combine your hot water, matcha tea powder, NKD Living MCT oil and butter in a blender.|
|3.||Blend for 20-30 seconds, until the mixture is foamy. If you don't have a blender, just melt the butter first and then use a whisk!|
|4.||Pour into your favourite mug, sweeten to taste with sugar-free NKD Living Erythritol and enjoy!|
|Per 1 mug (based on 1tbsp & 1tsp of ingredients)|
|of which sugars:||0 g|
|of which polyols:||5 g|
*We provide nutritional information for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. The data is calculated using the MyFitnessPal app. We include the sugar alcohol, erythritol, in the final carbohydrate count however it does not affect blood glucose levels in most individuals in the same way as active carbohydrates. We try to be as accurate as possible but we encourage you to calculate nutritional information on your own