This salad is the definition of autumn. Roasted caramelised pumpkin with figs, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, quinoa, rocket and a honey mustard vinaigrette. It takes less than 40 minutes from start to finish (and the longest part is waiting patiently for the pumpkin to cook). The dressing and glaze are made with NKD Living’s high-fibre, low-sugar Naked Syrup meaning this salad is perfect for anyone following a low sugar diet or simply watching their calorie intake.
- Preheat oven at 180C
- Slice your pumpkin in wedges and remove seeds and place on a baking tray with parchment paper
- Drizzle with NKD Living Naked Syrup, olive oil, plenty of salt and pepper
- Bake for 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together (NKD Living Naked Syrup, olive oil, vinegar, mustard and salt to taste).
- In a bowl or serving dish, mix together the quinoa, rocket and add 1/3 of your dressing/
- Layer on the top roasted pumpkin, figs, nuts, seeds and pomegranate.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of dressing.