AUTUMN IS OFFICIALLY HERE… WHO’S EXCITED?!
WE ARE… BECAUSE IT MEANS EVERYTHING APPLE & PUMPKIN … SUCH AS THESE LOW SUGAR APPLE PIE CRUMBLE BARS BY @NOURISHING.AMY ! 🍎🎃
To keep these bars low in sugar and add a great boost of fibre (89% soluble fibre), Amy used our Powdered Inulin, which is naturally sweet and is made from chicory roots! 🌿
- Prepare the cinnamon apples: heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and add the apples. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often before adding the cinnamon and Powdered Inulin. Cook over a medium heat for 5 more minutes until softening. Add the cornstarch and stir thoroughly to make a sticky glaze.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a tin with parchment paper (approx. 10cm x 20 cm).
- Add all the ingredients for the oat base and topping to a food processor and blitz to a sticky dough. It will hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Pour ¾ of the mix into the tin and press down firmly to form an even base layer. Top with the apples in an even layer and sprinkle over the remaining crumble mix. Press down lightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and crisp. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, carefully remove from the tin and cool in the parchment on a wire rack fully. Slice into 8 bars/squares. Store in an airtight container.