36g almond flour
30g NKD Living Erythritol (Granulated)
20g softened unsalted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp NKD Living vanilla stevia liquid
1 large egg
2 tbsp Stute No added sugar Raspberry Jam
60 ml double cream
Pinch of salt
1/2 tbsp NKD Living Powdered Erythritol for filling & extra for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C(conventional)/ 140°C (fan) and line two 10cm diameter ramekins or cake tins with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
2. Use a mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, granulated erythritol, baking powder, and salt. Then combine with the egg, softened butter and vanilla extract until mixed well.
3. Place equal amounts of the mixture into the two greased cake tins and smooth out the top. Place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown, use a knife to check if the center is set.
4. Remove from the oven and allow 10 minutes for cooling, then remove from the cake tins either by undoing the tin or by running a sharp knife around the edges to loosen and flip out onto a cooling rack.
5. Meanwhile, whip the cream and powdered erythritol until it holds very stiff peaks.
6. Place one of the cakes on a plate, this is the bottom layer of the sponge cake. Now spread the whipped cream filling on or you can pipe it on for a fancy look. Then spread the raspberry jam onto and top with the other sponge cake.
7. Dust the top with powdered erythritol for a traditionally British victoria sponge!
Per 1/2 cake
Fat 34.6 g
Carbohydrates: 34.3 g
Of which sugars 1.8 g <——ONLY 1.8g of NET Carbs!!!!!
polyols 32.5 g
Protein 7.35 g
Salt 0.5 g
*We provide nutritional information for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. The data is calculated using nutritional information of each ingredient. We include the sugar alcohols, erythritol, in the final carbohydrate count however it does not affect blood glucose levels in most individuals in the same way as active carbohydrates! We try to be as accurate as possible but we encourage you to calculate nutritional information on your own.