Want to upgrade your vegan snacks? These creamy Almond Butter Bars by Leena at @whiskmefree are a great place to start.
Made with NKD Living Almond Flour and Powdered Erythritol to dial down the sugar and carbs, they are perfect for a mid afternoon treat. The addition of a creamy almond butter 'caramel' makes for one dreamy combo. Give them a go using the recipe below.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6):-
❤️200g NKD Living Almond Flour
❤️50g Gluten Free flour
❤️150g NKD Living powdered erythritol
❤️100g NKD Living Almond Butter
❤️200g Pitted Dates
❤️50g NKD Living Almond Butter
❤️3 tbsp Water
❤️100g Vegan chocolate
❤️30g Vegan butter
❤️20g Flaked Almonds
- Mix together the base ingredients until it comes together into a dough
- Press into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
- Set aside while you make the healthy vegan caramel.
- Blend together the 'caramel' ingredients until it reaches a thick caramel consistency. If it's too thick add more water.
- Spread on top of the base layer and chill while you make the chocolate top.
- Melt together the vegan butter and chocolate until a thick runny consistency. Pour over the caramel layer and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Chill in the freezer for 1hr or until the 'caramel' has completely set.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!