Make a batch of these cute chocolate cupcakes for that special someone this Valentine's Day. Not just any batch of Valentine's cupcakes, these delectable treats are low in sugar thanks to NKD Living Granulated, GOLD & Powdered Erythritol!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or fan 160°C. Place 12 white or coloured fairy cake cases in the holes of a muffin tray.
- Whisk the butter and NKD Living Erythritol (Granulated + GOLD) in a bowl with an electric beater, until softened. Add the eggs with 3 tbsp of the flour and whisk, until smooth. Add the cocoa powder mixture, the vanilla essence, remaining flour and the baking powder and whisk, until smooth. Fold through the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the fairy cake cases – they should be about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 mins, until firm to touch and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, whisk the butter until softened, then add the Nkd Living Powdered Erythritol with half the white chocolate. Whisk until smooth, then beat in the remaining white chocolate and the pink colouring.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the tops off the fairy cakes just above the paper case line. Either using a very small heart shaped cutter or by hand, cut hearts out of the tops of the fairy cakes.
- Spoon the buttercream onto the cakes and top with the cut-out tops. Dust with NKD Living Powdered Erythritol to serve.
- Enjoy with your loved ones, Happy Valentine's Day from NKD Living!
Leave a comment