INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-6):
💚 1x 400g tin of chickpeas
💚 125g NKD Living Granulated Erythritol
💚 4 x 400ml Cans Full Fat Coconut Milk (refrigerated overnight)
💚 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
💚 Fruits of Choice
1. Preheat the oven to 110°C/225ºF/gas mark ¼.
2. In a clean bowl, whisk the chickpea liquid for 10 minutes, using an electric hand whisk. It will become thick, stiff and creamy, with soft peaks.
3. Sprinkle in the NKD Living Granulated Erythritol and keep whisking for a further 5 minutes.
4. Get out two baking trays. Using the base of a 23cm springform tin, draw a circle on a sheet of baking parchment. Draw a second circle beside it. You should be able to draw two circles on each baking tray. Altogether you’ll draw four circles.
5. Spoon the meringue mix to fill your marked circles, then put the two baking trays into the preheated oven for 2½ hours.
6. When they are ready, take them out, leave to cool for 40 minutes, and carefully peel off the baking parchment.
7. Skim the cream from the top of each tin of coconut milk. Put into a bowl and add the vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of the clear coconut milk from the cans. Whisk with an electric whisk for 1 minute to bring it all together and remove any lumps.
8. Place your base layer of meringue on a flat plate and spread with a layer of coconut cream. Top with fruit of your choice (e.g. fresh raspberries / strawberries / blueberries / mango).
9. Repeat until you are left with a last layer of meringue to put on top, top with some coconut cream, decorate with some fruit and mint leaves. Enjoy!